Argan oil is a popular natural beauty product, which is good for use on hair and skin; however, have you ever heard of the Culinary Argan Oil?
Culinary Argan oil is a very functional food – that implies consuming it on a regular basis contributes to your good health. It can lower cholesterol and blood pressure, protect against arthritis, environmental pollution, cancer, and cardiovascular disease and treat chronic ailments like diabetes. It improves the immuneresponse of your body and soothes inflammation; therefore, it could be regarded as an anti-aging formula.
What is the difference between cosmetic and culinary argan oil?
There are two kinds of Argan oil – the basic difference being in the procedure.
For producing cosmetic oil, the Argan seeds are pressedgenerally by machine but without being roasted, even called “cold pressed”. This makes a very light oilwithout the deep nutty aroma.
With the culinary oil, seeds are roasted lightly before pressing on an open fire and grinded with the help of a stone mill. This makes oil with a deep nutty flavor, as well as the aroma.
How to use culinary argan oil:
- Pour some culinary argan oil into a container and use it as a dip with the bread. In case you have a sweet tooth, then add honey.
- Drizzle a bit culinary argan oil over your cooked eggs – boiled, poached, fried – however, you prefer them.
- Place some feta cheese on a plate and drizzle with oil. In addition, you can also sprinkle over a few of black seeds or Zaatar or whatever you like.
- Cherry tomato salad with argan oil and preserved lemons has an amazing scent because of the culinary argan oil in the dressing. The preserved lemons also add some goodness.
Apart from these, you can use culinary argan oil in the following ways:
- Spread on toasted bread or sandwiches
- Warm pasta(Macaroni, Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Fusilli,etc...)
- Meat stews
- Grilled fish
- Amlou which is a special dish made up ofArgan oil, almonds, and honey
- Creme brulee
Thus, you can understand that you can use this culinary argan oil in various manners.